Tuesday 28 July 2015

Day 9: Bad Blood


Bonjour my internet friends,

When Taylor became not-so-country-pop-but-still-country-enough-to-be-considered-country. 

Day 9: Red

This album is quite fantastic. This was the beginning of an amazing era. Before the bad blood and amazing innocence. 

I love the music off this record. From State of Grace to Begin Again, she just wows. I am going to pinpoint a few of my favourites. 

I love the colour analogy and metaphor of Red. It is so powerful and raw and amazing like the colour. It is just so great for a rock session. 

Treacherous is so beautiful. It is just explaining the risks she is willing to take for a relationship and that she is okay with that. I love the chorus: This slope is treacherous, This path is reckless, This slope is treacherous, And I, I, I like it. 

All Too Well is a very coveted song in the fandom. I don't completely understand why but that doesn't matter, what does matter is that we all love it and it's over 5 minutes of beautiful-amazing-soothing-emotional Taylor. I love it so much. 

Stay Stay Stay, the literal cutest song in existence. They fight but then he comes back because he really does care about her. It really represents that a relationship is a game of give-and-take. It has to be balanced on both sides or else the scales tip and everything ends. 

Now, The Last Time is with Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol and I am so happy with this collaboration. It is an amazing song just saying, you have no more chances, I'm going to ask you this one more time. 

Sad Beautiful Tragic. Period. This song is so soothing and calm and so breathless. I love how she sings in this one, it's like a whisper and a little rasp. I love the breathiness of it. It sounds so pretty. 

The Lucky One makes me think of the celebrity lifestyle and how hard it is to make it and then to have your name everywhere. It's hard and Taylor was very lucky. She was born into a family with money and was able to make it. And I don't know exactly who she is talking about but this person was big but went too high too fast and needed an escape. I feel like this song explains it so well. 
(I hope this one made sense.)

When I saw Everything Has Changed on the album, I almost died. This song is very cute and the video is even better. The collaboration with Ed Sheeran makes it even more perfect. Their friendship means everything to me. They are so cute and this song represents that perfectly. 

And finally my all time go-to and favourite, Starlight. I have always loved the just innocence of this song, following the couple on their date and the awesome metaphors Taylor uses just gets me. 

Ones I Missed: State of Grace, I Knew You Were Trouble, 22, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, Holy Ground, and Begin Again. 

Keep smiling beautifuls, 
Naddy xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment