Thursday 1 January 2015

thinking back, looking forward


Bonjour my internet friends,

So 2014 has come and gone. What an eventful and insane year it has been! I have just been thinking about things that I did and/or accomplished this past year.

At the beginning of the year, it wasn't that crazy.

I got into more youtubers, watched plenty of award shows, etc.

But in May, I did something I couldn't believe.

I met Jenn McAllister.

Now if you don't know who that is, then I will explain.

Jenn is an 18-year-old youtuber living in Los Angeles, California with her roommates Andrea, Arden, and Lauren. She went on tour in 2014 as the MC for Tyler Ward and did a meet and greet with her fans before every show.

So myself, and my two friends went into the city to meet her.


I was shaking, I was so excited, and it was an experience you only get once in a lifetime.

I handed her the gifts I got her, and we stayed like a half hour later than we should have and that was probably one of the best decisions of my life.

She talked to all of us and eventually the lineup turned into a mini-mass of people talking to Jenn. I waited because I asked her to follow me on Twitter. And, because someone else wanted her to talk to their friend on the phone, she handed me her iPhone.

I held her phone for a second in awe before I typed in my username and clicked on my profile.

When I handed her back her phone, she clicked away. But then looked down and realised I didn't follow myself and she went back and followed me.

She didn't just let it go, or anything, she was kind enough to go back.

My friend also got my friend who couldn't come on the phone and she got to talk to Jenn.

That was amazing and one of the highlights of my year.

Another thing that happened before that, as I look back on my calendar, is I went to a cool event called Teen Fest. It was a load of fun and some cool things happened there.

My uncle's band performed, and that was pretty awesome.

Northern Rain band performed, first time I'd ever heard them, and they rocked.

They had a teen performing contest, I guess, and one of the performers (and winner) was Shon Burnett. Now, I knew Shon would be a star when I first heard him sing. And I was so happy for him when he won. What I did not expect was seeing him on The Next Star a couple months later!


Now he didn't win that Canada-wide contest, but he did make it to the top 6. Which is a big deal! I am so proud of him and cannot wait to see where he goes with his music.

In the summer, I did some volunteering and had a babysitting job.

It was a lot of fun, and I am glad for the experience.

The last week of August is probably my favourite time of year.

That is the time of year when my family and I pack up our stuff and head to the resort on the lake for a week. I mean, I get to see the friends that I only get to see once a year.

I love them a lot and we spend as much time together as we can. Or as we want to.


This year was no exception to having fun. I had the time of my life with the best girls in my life.

Then school finally started, I had my birthday in October, went to camp with the international students, went to camp with my youth group, and then December arrived.

November/December are the months I found some really good friends whom I love. I am so happy to be part of their friendship group and talk to them about random stuff and be goofs.

During the Christmas break there were definitely plenty of friend get-togethers with other friends from my youth group.

Then new year's rolled around. Spent at my aunt and uncle's, we had a lot of fun.

I am so grateful for such a great year.

These are all personal things that happened but there are so many things in the social media world, especially YouTube, that happened.

Tyler Oakley and Bethany Mota winning a TCA

Grace Helbig, Mamrie Hart, and Hannah Hart's Camp Takota

Superwoman (Lilly Singh) in Dr. Cabbie

Bethany Mota on Dancing With The Stars

Zoe Sugg's book Girl Online

Alfie Deyes' The Pointless Book

Hannah Hart's My Drunk Kitchen cookbook

Grace's Guide the art of pretending to be a grown-up

Cameron Dallas' movie Expelled, and so many more.

I am proud to be a part of the online generation and to see so much recognition given to those with the online life.

keep smiling beautifuls,
Naddy xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment