Tuesday 14 February 2017

I Hate Valentine's Day



Bonjour my internet friends,

Happy Valentine's Day.

You might be confused, why is the title saying you hate v-day when you just wished us a happy day? Well, I can explain.

I am not a rude person. I am wishing you all a very happy Valentine's! But personally, I am not too fond of the holiday. Why should we have one day a year to remind our loved ones that we love them? We should do that every day!

I am going to be honest, I do not do that myself. The reminding my loved ones that I love them part. But I try really hard. I tell people I love them whenever I feel the need to and do little acts of kindness (like washing the dishes or making dinner for the family) and hugs, oh hugs are seriously great.

If you knew me, you'd know I am actually a hopeless romantic type. Hit me up with that amazing YA Romance novels (Jennifer E. Smith, Susane Colasanti, and Sarah Dessen among the favourites) and I am a happy girl. And then you'd be confused as to why I don't like V-Day, as the the most romantic day of the year.

As I explained earlier, it's because I believe you should show love all the time and not just on this one special day.

Besides, yes I am in a relationship but today isn't all that special for us as just two weeks ago we celebrated our six month anniversary. That seemed more of a big deal to us, so we went for all out for that than anything.

(By all out, I mean we posted long paragraph posts on instagram and then spent last Saturday cuddling and cooking/cleaning together. REALationship goals.)

My apathetic attitude towards V-day does not stop me from calling my boyfriend later today and then sitting down with a cup of hot chocolate and a young adult romance novel.

But that sounds like a typical evening for me, so it's nothing special really.

Happy Valentine's Day.

keep smiling beautifuls,
Naddy xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment