Friday 30 December 2016

It's Been Awhile


Bonjour my internet friends,

I find that I always end up crawling back to the blog after reading any of the Girl Online novels. What can I say? Zoella and Penny Porter inspire me! I really want to say I am very sorry for not updating you THE ENTIRE YEAR. I wrote two posts in January and then, gave up? More like, forgot. I actually have been so focused on the rest of my life, this was pushed down.

Let's see, this year I gained a few extra appendages; a new best friend, a boyfriend, and a phone.

I was in my aunt and uncle's Doctor Who themed wedding at the end of January.

I went to the Troye Sivan concert at the beginning of February and Melanie Martinez at the end (my Tumblr photos are linked).

I met my new best friend (known as A) at the Troye Sivan concert and ended up hanging out over spring break again in March. Seriously, we've been friends now for 10 months (I think that's quite the accomplishment) and the link will take to a Tumblr documentation of our friendship.

In April, I went to Camp Squeah as a leader for my junior youth group with one of my closest friends and our singular youth girl. (All the rest were boys.) I also got my braces off promptly afterwards, after ten months with them and now I have a permanent retainer on top and bottom (and perfect teeth, thanks Dad.)

In May, I went away on a trip with my AVID class to UBC: Okanagan and Thompson Rivers University. I also went to the island to visit my best friend A and their friends there.

June was full of wrap up and parties. Both Senior and Junior Youth finished for the year and we had our Leader Appreciation party barbecue. My youngest sister turned 10. I finished grade 11.

The beginning of July was sitting around and being lazy. Canada Day fireworks and then on the 22nd we had night sliding and the following Sunday, I left for camp. Shoutout to YES Camp for the best week of my life. (Here are a few photos I took to document it.)

August was spent as the first month of my new relationship with my boyfriend. I volunteered as a leader for a group of 8-10 year olds at my church day camp. I went to Playland with my youth group. And at the end of the month, as per usual, I went away to Lakeside Resort for the tenth year in a row (family vacation).

September was the month of being thrown back into school, my final year of high school. I started a course at Kwantlen Polytechnic University. We had our Grad Barbecue. I volunteered at a Youth Homelessness Concert and Fair Fundraiser for homeless youth in Langley.

I celebrated my 17th birthday in October and went to Vancouver for Halloween.

I cut my hair in November and celebrated a friends birthday with puppies as well as my mum, dad, brother, and sister's birthdays. I also had my grad cruise around the Vancouver Harbour. It was also my final year attending the Senior Youth Impact Retreat at Camp Squeah with some of my best friends.

In December, I went to Granville Island two days in a row for field trips and saw two different plays. I took a ferry boat across the harbour for one. I also celebrated Christmas with all my families.

Now it's December 30th, almost the end of the year. What a year. Doing this, I didn't realize how much of my experiences had only happened during 2016. I have been able to reflect on this year. Sure, I didn't read seventy books like I wanted to but I did read about fifty instead. Sure this year kind of sucked in the big picture, but for me personally, it wasn't all that bad.

Thank you to everyone for a crazy amazing year. Here's to many more.

Keep Smiling Beautifuls,
Naddy xoxo

One of my resolutions is to blog more. At the very least, once a month. And ideally, once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment