So it is a new year. Two thousand a sixteen. Wow. It felt like just yesterday that we were wrapping up 2014 in a few blog post fashion.
Last year, I wrote about things I accomplished over the year very vaguely. Quite sparse and very few things along with my 'For 2015' goals. Let's see how much I improved with those goals.
- learn to unapologetically say "no"
- tell more stories
- read. read. read. read. read.
- write more. write about everything.
- pick up your camera again
- stop slouching. keep your chin up.
- don't give a shit what others think of you
- have more solo dance parties in your room
- keep your skin moisturized
- appreciate every square inch of your body
- life in not a competition. stop treating it like on.
- be patient. be thankful.
I'd like to say, in at least some way, shape, or form I accomplished these things.
- I started saying "no" without apologizing and not agreeing because I felt guilty.
- I told so many stories and had a lot of fun listening to others.
- I completely read sixty-two books this year, ending the year with two on the go.
- I wrote as much as I could, whether it was just for school or for fun or late night observations.
- I took a lot of pictures and actually not only picked up my old point and shoot camera but bought my first real camera.
- I am still working on sitting and standing straight (even now I am slouching, oops). But figuratively, I think that I grew a bit of a backbone and kept my chin up and stood taller, I was the bigger person.
- I started to realize that people's opinions about me don't matter and I shouldn't care because the only person who's opinion should matter is my own.
- I have had countless dance parties in my room (and house when I'm alone or not), just jamming out and enjoying myself. And also getting a serious workout.
- I have normally smooth skin but I tried my best to wash and moisturize my face more.
- I love my body. It is the body I was given, and I am not always totally happy with it all the time. But I love it more than I ever have before.
- I am still learning this. It's conditioned in us at such a young age that it's hard to get out of. But I am slowly learning and working hard towards my goals and realizing that just because two people are going for the same goal doesn't mean only one will win.
- Another one that's still a work in progress.
I am pretty proud of myself and how well this past year has gone. I can't wait for this next year and how it will go. Here's to 2015, so far the best year of my life.
Keep Smiling Beautifuls,