Sunday 19 April 2015

getting distracted (procrastination and avoidance)



Bonjour my internet friends,

So it's been a while now hasn't it! Ah, well I apologise. Now let's get on with it.

Distraction.
dis·trac·tion
dəˈstrakSH(ə)n/ noun
  1. 1.
    a thing that prevents someone from giving full attention to something else.



  2. 2.
    extreme agitation of the mind or emotions.

I have gotten easily distracted lately.

Especially from posting my thoughts here on this beautiful blog, my outlet. (You could also consider it avoidance or non-creativity or even, no inspiration.)

I have found that there are many things I can do to avoid and distract myself from something I do not want to focus on or address. For example, watching a movie when I should be studying or reading a book when I should be writing a new article for a magazine I am a part of.

Distraction can also be a part of procrastination.

You know that moment when you really don't want to do something so you do something else to avoid doing that one thing. Yeah, that.

I have honestly been distracted from this blog because I have been living my life.

Since I last wrote out, I have visited the Calgary Zoo, went to my family's annual Easter Egg Hunt, hosted a quiz night at my youth, and plenty more.

I have plans to go out on certain weekends in the next month. I am going to be busy.

Which sounds weird coming from me.

Wait, hold up. What does this all have to do with distraction?

Exactly that. I got distracted and sidetracked. Yikes. Shows you what I've learned.

But I challenge you, dear reader, to do something you always seem to avoid or try not to get distracted from something you are trying to accomplish.

keep smiling beautifuls,
Naddy xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment