Wednesday 4 February 2015

my 2015 anthems


 
Bonjour my internet friends,
At the beginning of this new year, I decided to have an anthem song for this year to power me. I decided on Warrior by Demi Lovato.
Which then prompted me to write this:
The song that I want to be in the back of my mind during this year is Warrior by Demi Lovato. I don't know why, it just came to me as a song I wish to be my anthem of 2015. I want to analyze the lyrics and remember them when I'm in times of need. I want to find a way to relate to them and make it my own personal goal to become a warrior in my mentality. Especially through school, exams, and going to grade eleven. I will be a warrior."
After thinking about it for a while I came up with a list of songs I wanted to be in my mind during this year. Here are my 2015 anthems.

Warrior by Demi Lovato
Now I'm a warrior, now I've got thicker skin. I'm a warrior. I'm stronger than I've ever been. And my armour, is made of steel, you can't get in. I'm a warrior. And you can never hurt me again.

I want to be a warrior.

Girl Almighty by One Direction
Her light is as loud as as many ambulances as it takes to save a saviour, oh (whoa whoa whoa). She floats through the room on a big balloon. Some say, "She's such a fake," that her love is made up. No, no, no, no. Let's have another toast to the girl almighty. Let's pray we stay young, stay made of lightning. Am I the only, only believer? There's something happening here. The only, only believer. There's something happening here, I hope you feel what I'm feeling too.

I want to be the girl almighty.

Social Casualty by 5 Seconds of Summer
Just a girl turned 18. She ran away to chase her dreams. And they said she wouldn't make it far. She took a chance and packed her bags. She left town and didn't look back. So tired of wishing on the stars (wishing on the stars). So save me from who I'm supposed to be! Don't wanna be a victim of authority, I'll always be a part of the minority. Save me from who I'm supposed to be. So tell me, tell me, tell me what you want from me, I don't wanna be another social casualty.

I want to stand out and go my own way.

Shake It Off by Taylor Swift
But I keep cruising. Can't stop, won't stop moving. It's like I got this music in my mind saying, "It's gonna be alright." 'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play. And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake. I shake it off, I shake it off. Heart-breakers gonna break, break, break, break, break. And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake. Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake. I shake it off, I shake it off.

I want to just shake it off and let it all go.

We Are by Big Time Rush
Life's too short to sit and wait for luck to come our way. Light it up like fireworks, I wanna hear you say. We are, we are! We are alive. And we are the light that's shining now. We are, we are! We are the reckless. And you can hear us drowning out the sound. We are, we are! Young and dumb, always chasing something. We are, we are! Hearts like drums, you can hear us coming. We are, we are.

I want to live in the present, and not in the past.

You Don't Know Me by Ariana Grande
I don't need to live by your rules, you don't control me. Until you've walked a mile in my shoes, you don't know me. And I know, I know, I know you don't like it. You don't, you don't, you don't know where I've been. It's my life so truth be told, I see you thinking but there's just one thing, dear. And you think you know but you don't have no idea. Think you know me but there's more to see my love.

I want to be myself, no matter what others think.

Human by Cher Lloyd
Everything you see that glitters isn’t always gold. Everything you think is perfect, oh isn’t always so. Many times many times I would've let my feelings show. Everything you see that glitters isn’t always gold. You know I’m just human, human, human after all.

I want to recognize that I am only human.

One Day by Emblem3
All my life I've been waiting for, I've been praying for, for the people to say that, “we don't wanna fight no more and there'll be no more wars.” And our children will play. One day.

I want to help the world, big picture or small.

Secrets by Mary Lambert
They tell us from the time we're young to hide the things that we don't like about ourselves, inside ourselves. I know I'm not the only one who spent so long attempting to be someone else. Well I'm over it. I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are.

I want to be an open book, without anything to hide.

Ordinary by Ricky Dillon
So sick and tired of staying up to see the break of dawn. Everybody's taking shots, 'til they're passed out on the lawn. Broken hearts and Styrofoam and empty double cups. I guess I'm ordinary 'cause I don't give a what.

I want to just be as I am without having to fit standards.

A Different Beat by Little Mix
I got the right to make up my mind. Say it loud and clear! For the whole wide world to hear. We're marching for love, so turn up the drum. Say it loud and clear! For the whole wide world to hear. Yeah, we must have different shoes on. We're marching to a different beat. Yeah! So baby put your boots on, keep marching to a different beat.

I want to walk my walk and talk my talk.

XIAT by Trevor Moran
There's always been a need to get rid of this grief. It's what I call XIAT. Been in highs been in lows, feel like there's nowhere to go. Is there something wrong with me? Trying to do normal things I used to pursue. So fired up but now rotting inside. I do my hardest to break out of this shell. Without a crack, I'm still stuck in this hell.

I want to voice my passions and problems to help others.

Haters Gonna Hate by Tonite Only
Haters, don't hate us like we're famous. We're not the one's who fake it. Cuz fakers never make it. Haters gonna hate.

I want to just be care free and dance, because why not?
And that is all. I hope you enjoyed. :)

keep smiling beautifuls,
Naddy xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment